summary of tuskegee airmen assignment

Hi…it’s Brandon L. from the 9th period 20th Century History Class.

I picked a blog because it was one of the easiest ways for me to complete the assignment and I can get a lot of it done over the internet.   I use the internet as a resource all the time.

What I found interesting about the Tuskegee airmen assignment was that, first of all, we got to watch a good movie about them and I really liked watching it during class.  The Tuskegee Airmen were all in it together and they flew planes through the sky and shot down the enemy airplanes  so they can protect the bombers from the enemy.  Before they were allowed to fly, they had to go through training, which was really hard on them.  None of the white officers had faith in them.  They were prejudice against them.  They made them work harder than anyone else in the service, but the Tuskegee Airmen did it anyway.  The reason they stuck with it was because they wanted to fight for their freedom–the freedom of their country and the freedom of their own people.  They were sick of being treated unfairly and they thought if they could be successful, this would prove to everyone that they were just as good as the white people.  In the end, some people died, but the Tuskegee Airmen were successful, because they flew their missions without ever losing one bomber to the enemy.  They also proved that they were just as good as the white people and the white guys even started to request them for their missions.