Eclipse Creativity Project by Mason S.

The solar eclipse is when the moon phases between earth and the sun and creates a shadow on our planet. 

The eclipse of 1806 crossed from california to massachusetts. It was a long duration eclipse and was at nearly 5 minutes at the greatest point of totality. All the people were left in suspense and anxiously waiting for the eclipse to pass. People thought that many generations must pass away before something like that occurs. Some things that were happening in that year was the Lewis & Clark Exhibition reaching the Pacific Ocean, Construction of the National Road was authorized, & the U.S. Congress passes the Non-importation Act. All events that I can find happening in western pa in the modern age are concerts, sports events, and movie premiers. Some of the events that have happened in the modern era are the 9/11 attacks, battery powered cars introduced, and COVID-19.

The recent eclipse was interesting. There were people who thought this meant the end of the world, but other people who saw it as a once in a lifetime event. Some events were concerts, lodging, and watch parties.

During the eclipse, I was on my back deck with my family. We were all looking at the eclipse and talking about how cool it looked. 

Published by

Dominic Salvucci

Teacher, Father, Husband, Poet/Philosopher, Life Long Learner.