WWI Game

Hello, I am Rich S. from Mr.Sal’s 6th period 20th Century class. In the WWI game that my class play I was part of the Russian empire, which was allied with the US of A, Germany, and France.

For two rounds I spent all my economic points on industry which brought in more economic points to spend, then on every third round I would spend all the economic points on navy. I first made treaties with France, Great Britain, Austria Hungarian, and the Ottoman Empire, but I was offered a great deal by the Germany, and US of A alliance, to break my treaties with the Great Britain, Austria Hungarian, and Ottoman empires and join Germany and the US. I am pleased with my country’s outcome because we did a tremendous job building our forces, although our alliance was defeated in the end we still put up a great fight. If we were to play this game again I wouldn’t break the alliance that I make first. I have a much greater understanding of how diplomacy works, it all depends on who you are allied with, if you are allied with a country with a large military, you would have no problem defending against an enemy country. Also if you had a large military and no resources and you allied with a country with an abundant amount of resources and a small military, you could provide them protection for resources.