Japanese Internment Video Comparison by Riley C.

In the first video I believe it is very innacurate because, it starts off with a man explaining why they need to relocate the Japanese-Americans and they do so by making it so the Japanese-Americans can volounteer to leave by themselves but eventually the government says it’s mandatory and they send buses and moving trucks to the Japanese-Americans. The video makes it seem like being an internment camp was fun and good for them, like they say that its the Japanese-Americans way of giving help to the war effort, then the U.S. government left all women and children in their homes. The government also moved the Japanese away from any critical areas which made them isolated from society which is wrong. They also called the Japanese-Americans Japs which is a slur used in a derogetory manner.

In the second the message I believe is accurate because it says the Japanese were forced to go into these camps. the Japanese were citizens as well but the Americans and the Government resented them by ruining their economy. They were also alienated from everyone else. the rooms in their camps were very small and cramped. The video even shows how their schooling was not very good.

I believe the second video is more accurate to what really happened in history.

Published by

Dominic Salvucci

Teacher, Father, Husband, Poet/Philosopher, Life Long Learner.