Womens suffrage

My name is DaiQuana and I am a student in Mr. Sal’s 9th period class. The issue I wil be discussing is women suffrage. Women suffrage is the right of women to vote and run for office. During the 1900s, women struggled to gain the right to vote and run for office. This caused problems such as chaos in the states due to the fact that women were treated differently than men and women wanted to be able to do certain things they weren’t able to do. The issue was eventually solved by the 19th amendment on August 18, 1920.

During this time, voting was obviously an important issue to women. To try to solve the issue, alot of petitions were held. There was also a point where the women created organizations such as the National Woman Suffrage Association (NWSA) and the American Woman Suffrage Association (AWSA). These organizations condemned the 14th and 15th amendments as blatant injustices to women. These groups worked with journals and raised campaigns. They tried their best to get state legislatures to be in agreement with them. However, only a select few states agreed. With this said, the organizations tried a lot more to allow women to receive the right to vote and run for office. Eventually, this goal was acheived on August 18, 1920 when the 19th amendment was ratified.