Child Labor

Hi my name is Chad R. And I am from Mr. Sal’s period 9 20th century class. The topic that I chose to talk about is “child labor” child labor was looked at as a bad thing. Child labor can be good because you can have things made faster and cheaper, larger quanty, and pay them less. The negatives of child labor are that you have unsanantary conditions, unsafe conditions, and untrained personal.

Child labor was used in the early 1900’s because there were no regulations restricting companies, business from working young children on long hours at a time. In all 50 states it is now illegal to work children under the age of 15 due to fedral laws. These laws went into effect in the min 1900’s due to congress passing many various forms of anti child labor laws. Even today you still see child labor laws in effect. For example in my personal life,I work at a local grocery store and every month my time card is checked to make sure I don’t have more then 35 hours a week.

So in conclusion child labor has its pros and cons. It just so happens the the cons out weigh the pros. For this reason the United States can’t use child labor. Other countries in the world still use child labor. Due to Federal Laws the states are not allowed to participate in the use of child labor.