wwI blog

My name is Daniel K and I’m in Mr. Sals period 6 20th century history class. I was apart of the Great Britain empire. We tried to stay completely neutral with every country until the end when the other countries wanted to attack us.
Our country spent our economic points on industries and Navy’s. We bought the industries so that we would have more economic points every round and we bought the Navy’s so that if we got attacked we would be able to defend ourselves. We also didn’t make any treaties until we were getting attacked so that we didn’t lose and if we had a treaty with someone and knew we were going to lose if we helped them out we broke the treaty.
I’m also pleased with the outcome of how my country did considering we ended up with everyone elses colonies at the end and won the war with the help of Austria and the ottoman empires. I think I wouldn’t of done anything different since we ended up winning.
Now I understand how diplomacy works in the world and how empires can just fall apart or be built so quickly. Half of the game Austria and ottoman thought they were just going to keep getting beat by all of the other countries until we decided to step in and help fight against them and win.