World War I

Hi, I am Brandon R. and I am in Mr. Salvucci’s 20th Century US History period 6. Recently we had a simulation World War I game in the class and I was part of the France empire along with Clay N., Marissa M., and Ashley S. In order to be successful in this war we had to have a very successful strategy. With our economic points, we spent them on the industry and the Navy so we could earn more money to build our Navy. In this simulation we also had treaties with every empire except Austria, Great Britain, and the Hungarian empire, because we felt we were gaining more power with every other country except these. During the war we had broken a treaty with the Ottoman Empire because we had more power with the other empires rather than Ottoman alone. After the simulation was over, I was rather disappointed. I feel this way because the countries that we had treaties with lost the battle with the Hungarians and our colonies were given to the Hungarian Empire. I think I would have done things a little differently. I would have spent more economic points on the Navy and Army. This way, we would gain more points, since you gained 2 points with the Navy rather than 1 point with the Army, Industry, and Colonies. I would say I have a better understanding of how diplomacy works in the world. With treaties, a country could lose or gain item(s) or element(s) after the outcome. I also understand that a treaty is a result of negotiations between the parties involved.