WW1 Game

Hello I’m Samantha E. from period 9. Although I was only in class for one day the WW1 game was being played, this is my take on what the first day of the game taught me. I was a part of the Austria Hungary empire.
My group spent our economic points on navies, mostly, because they are doubled and powerful. I am not really sure if we bought anything other than navies but I do not believe we did.
We made a treaty with Great Britain and U.S. We did not break any treaties with our alliances. No one was happy with our outcome but we all saw it coming from day one. We did not work very well as a group and everyone was trying to do things their way or no way at all. We ended up being the frist empire out of the game.
If I could do anything differently, I would get more navies but not let everyone know how many navies I got, so they did not all overpower us with buying navies to match up or overpower our navies. Also, I would try to bring everyone together as a group more instead of a few kids trying to boss each other around.
I can somewhat grasp the idea of diplomacy from what the class has talked about, but other than that, I am still just as clueless as before. The only thing I know is most countries are just selfish and out to do what is best for their country and disregarding what benefits or hurts anyone else.