Civil Rights Project Reflection by Ameera W.

The person I had for the project was an African-American Olympic runner who won Gold medals three times and broke three world records during her time. When she was 5 years old she became physically disabled in her early life, she came down with a serious illness called Infantile paralysis. Later on, she had to wear a brace till the age of 12. Other illnesses she came down with were pneumina and scarlet fever. When she retired she became a teacher and did protest to stop segregation laws between blacks and whites. This is the story of Wilma Rudolph and how she made an impact on the world.

The reflection I had on this assignment was that I learned a lot about a person I never knew or heard of, Wilma Rudolph helped a lot of African Americans fight for their rights in this world and even became a teacher to teach children the right things about this world. She fought for segregation to be banned so we could all be equal.

What I liked about this assignment was That I learned about a person I didn’t know was an Olympic runner and then became a teacher while fighting for segregation. I liked how Even though at a young age she came down with a bad illness she overcame the illness and still went for her dream of running.

Changes I would make for future assignments/projects are that we could do a one-day or maybe two-day project so we can get it over and done with instead of taking up more time and spending more than a few days on an easy assignment. 

Published by

Dominic Salvucci

Teacher, Father, Husband, Poet/Philosopher, Life Long Learner.