Civil Rights Project Reflection by Billy B

The topic I researched was the 16th Street Baptist Church Bombing. This church was
located in Birmingham Alabama, and was a very important civil rights meeting location. The church was bombed by the KKK, and 4 girls were killed during the bombing. This bombing affected many, and in the aftermath, many people were upset. I learned how important this church was, and how many people were affected by it. I was able to learn how important the civil rights movement was, and how many people did not like the idea. In the end, I learned how everything needed to line up to make everything work. I enjoyed being able to pick our topics and do our own research. I liked how, instead of a presentation, we had to make a video that we didn’t have to present to the class. And lastly, I enjoyed how easy the project material was to understand. Changes I would make in the future to this project would be to lower the amount of work that this project needs. This project was stretched to almost 3 weeks while it could have been done in 1. I feel that the exit questions with this project were not helpful, and just added workload to it. If I were to change anything, it would be to remove the exit questions.

Published by

Dominic Salvucci

Teacher, Father, Husband, Poet/Philosopher, Life Long Learner.